Facebook Twitter Email

Monday, October 11, 2010

Alexander Wang re-invents the classic LBD

Hello my darlings, I know I promised to do this post ASAP! But my very unreliable internet has been down perhaps its high time I figured out how to blog from my BlackBerry (sigh, that would be the day pigs learn how to fly). OKKK, back to fabulous mayhem business as usual.
So I have been looking for a designer that has taken a completely different approach to making the LBD look, "not-so-classic", the fun part about fashion is. after all breaking the rules that the fashion conscious are mean to follow. I was delighted when I saw Alexander Wang's re-invention of the LBD.
What I find very intriguing and incredibly fascinating at the same time is that Alexander Wang has managed to combine two very strong elements of fashion, which are the delicate sector and in contrast the tough and edgy sector of designs. His LBD's are Grecian in a beautifully draped form, but then you are terrible surprised when you see that his Grecian cuts are complemented with a little bit of turtle necks and a completely different take on the mono-strap style dress. One arm of the dress is almost long, but then the other arm is nearly non-existent in the sense that you are able to see just a tiny bit of fabric that forms the other arm. Another striking feature is the leather and sequin dress, a perfect example of a beautiful yet contrasting combination to make an LBD.
I could go on forever about this perfect take on the LBD...






I Love Lucy. Xxxx

2 comments:

  1. oh golly gosh.. i love these dresses.. especially the last one.
    fabulous.

    www.fashionphoenix06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dresses! I just became a follower of your blog. Feel free to follow me :)


    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete